Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pearl Essay


What is value? Everyone has a different definition, one of their own. To me value can have a price tag but it can be the memories, ideas, dreams, wishes, or even hopes. There are two things in my life I value the most my Alex and Ani best friend charm and endless time in the summer on the river.
I will start with the priceless idem, endless time in the summer on the river with my best friend by my side. Every morning I awaken bright and early. I fix a small drawstring bag with a freshly washed beach towel that smells like flowers. I add my phone charger and my pillow pet. I leave the house on my out of the box new bright red bike. The tires spin under me for a mile and a half. I meet my friend karley at the ski club.
We have a shack. Made out of wood with six flaps that allow a clear view to the boats floating along the clean water. We uncover each boat carefully making sure not to fall in between the boat and dock. Once the job is done we sprint back up to the shack and open every window along the side. We then lay on the shining counter in with the sun shining down apon us. During the rest of the day we either go swimming, tubing,water skiing, or up river to PIP (our favorite island).
The priced item in my life means the world to me. It symbolizes every day spent on the river, every secret shared with my best friend karley. This item is a silver best friend Alex and Ani. I have the friend side and karley has the best side. The silver fits perfectly around my wrist. Dangling from it is a half heart charm.
This bracelet is charged for 30 dollars at the Holyoke mall. But it holds so much more than the medal the best thing it holds is the memory's, secrets, and 14 years of friendship inside the small charm. This makes the bracelet worth 100 dollars rather than thirty.
      Everything can be classified as priced or priceless. Experiences with things make them way more valuable. Anyone could pick up a pencil at the store for 25 cents, how you make use of it is what is more important. I value mostly everything in my life in one way or another.


1 comment:

  1. lol i really like your story it was funny and i had a good time reading it

    ReplyDelete