Thursday, October 31, 2013


 SPEAK FINNAL


One time my inner consciousness and my thoughts and actions severally differed was when I decided to play U14 soccer and JV high school soccer. To myself I thought it would be a great opportunity and way to get better at soccer, which it was. Though my consciousness told me it definitely was not a good idea it could endanger both teams. If the U14 team was to go into the playoffs (which we now are on Saturday morning) and an official found out that I am in the high school registered as a freshman and playing JV they could take away any placing we have so far and the rights to compete in the playoffs. If this were to occur I would have let down both teams taking away their rankings they made throughout the year. This didn’t really change my decision because I know that we could prove that it was okay to do knowing medical papers moved me up to the ninth grade and that I am 14 so technically with showing all documentation they cannot completely take any placing away. I did choose to play both teams and completed the JV season and am moving into U14 playoffs this weekend in Gateway. This is just one of many times my words and actions disagreed with each other.

             One time my inner and outer voice, were in harmony was when I decided to spend my whole summer at the river. In my head I thought of all the fun times that I had the year before with all of my friends. Between tubing, water skiing, wakeboarding, Tarzan swings, and boat rides personally I had the most fun ever with all of that the year before (only being there one or two days darning the whole summer). Knowing that and the fact that I could spend everyday with my best friend I loved the idea. I was completely right with my decision and it was way more fun then watching movies at each other’s house and swimming in neighbors pools. Unfortunately the most recent summer we had was not too great for the river because it flooded multiple times and dockside (friend owns) burning down practically ruined the summer.  We do plan to do it every summer because of the amount of fun we had. Personally I think that I did make the right decision not only did I have fun but also I grew closer to my best friend.
One time Melinda’s inner and outer voice were in harmony was when she was in the closet drawing the trees.  Evidence to this is when in the book when Mr. Neck find her in the closet freaking out. I think that this is a very good example because on the inside throughout the whole story she was flipping out inside her head. Then this was the first big time she expressed her feelings even though they were meant to be for herself in her secret place (the closet). Also this is the first time somebody really saw the real melinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment